50% of successfully cloth diapering is about your setup. You can love cloth diapers all you want, think they’re super cute and want to save money while making a better environmental choice. Those are great things. But if you aren’t organized you may find cloth to be frustrating very quickly.
I’ve probably revised my cloth diaper setup more times than I count at this point but I have a pretty good system in place now that works for me. I am cloth diapering both my 2 month old and my 16 month old. The setup I’m sharing today is what I have in my toddler’s room. I have the exact same setup just a small, taller dresser in my younger son’s room.
- Drawer of pre-stuffed Cloth Diapers.
- Drawer of disposables (what we use at night and on weekends)
- Wipes, hand sanitizer, baby bum stuff (for cloth and disposables)
- Garbage for wipes and disposables. Since we only use a few disposables at a time, this small bin works. It also encourage us to get dirty disposables out of the house. Call me biased but I’ve found disposables to smell far worse than cloth.
- These garbage pails with these wet bags are the BEST solution I’ve found for storing dirty diapers during the week. Since my toddler’s #2 is pretty solid at this point, it gets knocked into the toilet and all dirty diapers go in this pail. It seals really well. When it’s time to wash, I just pull the wet bags out and carry them down to the laundry room.
In my bathroom I have a cloth diaper sprayer, a bucket from a hardware store and rubber gloves. For #2’s that aren’t solid, I hold the diaper in the toilet and spray everything off. Flush. Diaper goes into the pail. Breastmilk #2’s can go right into the washing machine as they are water soluble.
That’s it! It’s really pretty simple to have a good setup. It helps to keep things organized and clean. It also is really nice for others who might be babysitting your children that aren’t familiar with using cloth diapers. Wh
Do you cloth diaper? What is your setup like? If you do something different, I’d LOVE to hear from you in the comments below! Happy Cloth Diapering!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. So when you click on a link and purchase something (anything) on Amazon, I make a small commission. Thank you for supporting all the hard work I do here At The Messy Housewife!